July 23, 2024
0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 55 Second

By Matt Martinez, The Berkshire Eagle

According to authorities, a grease fire that was left unattended in the kitchen and garage of Judith Drive caused a structure fire to occur on Sunday evening. The fire charred cabinets and the ceilings.

The report of a potential structure fire was received around 8:25 p.m. on Sunday night, according to Robert Czerwinski acting chief at the Dalton Fire Department. It reported Judith Drive 15, 15 Judith Drive. Firefighters were dispatched to the scene and found a fire burning in the garage. They then used a hose on it.

Czerwinski stated that the fire had been put out in about 10 minutes thanks to a first “hose slip.” The fire caused no injuries, and the only occupant of the house fled the scene safely when he tried to extinguish the flames himself using a portable fire extinguisher.

Czerwinski stated that the cause of fire was not suspected to be malicious. The fire is thought to have started when the owner left the electric stove running and the grease residue in a frying-pan heated up enough for it to catch fire. Fire spread quickly from the kitchen into a hallway, and then to the garage.

Czerwinski estimates that the fire has caused damage of about $25,000. It was necessary to remove the ceiling of the home and some roof rafters were damaged. Also, the kitchen cabinets were damaged. The house is currently uninhabitable.

Hinsdale Fire Department, Cheshire Fire Department, and Lanesborough Fire Department all assisted on the scene. Lanesborough Fire Department also covered the fire station at this time. State Fire Marshal’s Office helped with the investigation.

Roof maintenance is essential to protect and maintain the integrity of your roof. Maintaining a well-maintained roofing system is crucial to protect your home from rain, snow, wind and other elements. You can increase the durability and longevity of your roof by hiring residential roofing services. Are you interested in knowing more about our services? feel free to find out here https://universalroofs.ca/ This will prevent leaks and structural damage. It is important to have a sturdy roof that will not only increase the value of your property but give you peace-of-mind knowing your belongings and home are protected from any weather related challenges.

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %